As a busy mom I’m terrible at clipping coupons. Honestly, I usually leave them at home, lose them or forget about them. For those of you that suffer from the same affliction, I want to share with you 6 easy ways I save money without clipping coupons. Each of them come with their pros and cons, but in the end they work amazing.
- Ibotta – an app for your phone which allows you to get cash back for select purchases from stores.
- Dosh – another app for your phone where you link your payment cards to the app and as you make purchases at specific stores you automatically get a percentage of cash back.
- Melaleuca & Marketplace – mainly utilizes in an online shopping scenario, you click a link for a retailer within their list and make your purchase through the link. This rewards you with a percentage of loyalty dollars back.
- Kohl’s – I list this store because if you are sign up as a rewards member and have their credit card, the opportunities to save money are numerous.
How it works
You can install IBOTTA by looking up the app in the Google or Apple stores. In addition, sharing the link with your friends also will earn you cash back with each referral. Once you’ve installed the app, simply search through offers and click on them. The offering is robust including stores like Aldi’s, Kroger, and more. Some offers are brand specific, but others are more general.
- No Coupons to Clip (exactly)
- Broad Store Offerings
- Broad Brand Offerings
- Easy to use
- Supports some store loyalty programs (so no receipts to upload)
- Has Ibotta Pay available (so no receipts to upload)
- Offers bonus rewards for turning in a specific number of offers in a period of time or turning in the same offer multiple times.
- Some offers require you answer questions or watch a video
- For full benefits you need to upload receipts or the proof of purchase
- Must hav $20 to “cash out”
How I Utilize Ibotta
Honestly, I’m terrible at uploading receipts or proof of purchases. I mainly use this at Kroger since it links with my loyalty card and now that Walmart supports Ibotta Pay, I’m going to try it there. There is one downfall I found with the Kroger Loyalty card use, it will not let you just enter your phone number at the register and receive your points. It took me couple of visits to Kroger and failed attempts to figure this out. However, if you have the Kroger app on your phone all you do is scan the barcode for your Plus Card and it works perfectly.
To download Ibotta and , click here for my referral link. If you want to utilize Ibotta more fully than I do, check out this great article I specifically for beginning Ibotta users.
How It Works
This app is great and really will help you save money without clipping coupons. It is another free app you can download for you phone from the Google or Apple Stores. Once you link your payment cards to the app, it credits cash back to the app when you make purchases from qualifying stores.
- App is free
- Simple to use
- Automatically detects purchases based on card usage
- No uploading, offers, or coupon clipping
- Limited list of available stores, especially if you are in a more rural area
- User needs to remember to update the cards in the app if a new one is received
- Can only cash out once you’ve hit $20
How I Use It
There are limited stores in my area so my primary use for this app is school supply and office supply shopping. One of the stores it supports is Staples, which is exactly where I do all my supply shopping. It’s completely easy, all I do is make my purchases in store and watch for my credits to file in.
Melaleuca and the Marketplace
How It Works
This is a shopping club which supplies health and wellness products. To access the Marketplace, you must be a club member. However, the Marketplace isn’t the only money saving feature. Each order a customer places with the club receives 15% back in loyalty dollars to be used later for free products. In addition to in club shopping, there is a Marketplace which you access via the website pass throughs and there are hundreds of other retailers including Kohl’s, Sam’s Club and more where customers order products and are credited back a percentage of their purchases at the retailers as loyalty dollars to be used for in-club purchases.
- Hundreds of retailers
- Inexpensive to join
- Moderate reward rate
- Loyalty dollars earned by in club purchases are immediately available
- Even if you order online with retailers, picking products up in store within the day is possible
- Loyalty Dollars back instead of cash back
- Must use a Website Pass through to place orders
- Must be a club member to use the benefits
- Marketplace dollars take time to credit to your account
- You MUST order online
How I Use It
Honestly, I exclusively use cleaners from the club because they are non toxic and I don’t need to worry about the kids getting into them so I always order by the 20th of month, receiving 15% loyalty dollars back for the next month. Sometimes I save the dollars up and purchase products I’ve always wanted to “try” but didn’t want to spend my budget on. Then I utilize the market place to purchase things I need for the kids. Often I’ll double dip by access my Kohl’s account through the internet portal, then I place my order using my Kohl’s card and Kohl’s reward coupons. That way not only do I get my Kohl’s savings, but also more loyalty dollars for cleaners and other things from the shopping club. Once I even ordered our backup generator through the portal from Lowe’s and picked it up the same day at the local store. If you are interested in learning about one of the cleaners I use check out this article.
How It Works
Just a store with clothing and household items, but between Kohl’s cash, coupons, and rewards from the Kohl’s card the savings are amazing. All you have to do is order the things you need once you’ve signed up for Kohl’s rewards. Kohl’s cash doesn’t require a sign up, they are earned on each purchase. Applying for a Kohl’s credit account also provides additional rewards. If you use an online account, coupons are available for saving money without clipping coupons, you just add them to your wallet online.
- Free to access rewards
- Tons of offers and opportunities for reward points
- Kohl’s cash is available with many purchases
- Sales galore
- Coupons can be added directly to your Kohl’s wallet
- No cash back
- Purchases are limited to Kohl’s
- Must apply for the credit card to maximize purchases
I hope this helps you, my busy friends, to save money without coupons adding extra time and effort to your already busy day. I tell people I can’t coupon, but with all these amazing ways to glean a few dollars back from each purchase without a hassle, I no longer need to try. In the last year alone I’ve purchased over $350 in free products via the Marketplace! How can you beat that?